Thursday, July 27, 2017

2017 Motorcycle Adventure to Alaska (Day twenty seven)

It was a quiet night at last so I got a bit more rest. It was another beautiful day and I was another day closer to home. Hooray!
I entered Sault Ste. Marie into my GPS and realized that it was going to be a long day, about 700kms. worth. At one of several rest stops I visited I ran into a woman who was headed west and had driven through heavy rain the previous day between Sudbury and the Sault. Fortunately it looks like I have nothing but clear skies and sunshine for the last couple of days of my adventure.
Besides the maximum speed limit on the Trans Canada of 90 km/h the real impediment to laying down some fast miles were the roughly eight (8) road construction stops which took between five and twenty minutes each.
I took a few photos at various scenic spots that looked out on the mighty Lake Superior. The lake is so huge that if you didn't know better you might easily think you were looking at the ocean.



I got into Sault Ste. Marie around 6:30. I had reserved my campsite at KOA so I drove straight into town and wound up having dinner at Boston Pizza.
I was just getting used to the land of the midnight sun and now I'm back to sundown at 9:00 pm so it was getting dark by the time I was getting the camper setup.
The wifi here is very slow as it is at all KOA's so I may have to wait to post this because uploading photos takes forever.
This is my last night on the road and I couldn't be happier knowing I will be home by this time tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment