Wednesday, July 26, 2017

2017 Motorcycle Adventure to Alaska (Day twenty five)

All the rain I got last night had dried on the camper by morning and although it was another windy day it was clear blue skies and plenty of sunshine.
My plan today was to ride from Brandon to somewhere in Ontario roughly half way between Brandon and Thunder Bay. It felt great crossing into Ontario as it felt like home was just around the corner. Naturally I just had to get a couple of pics to celebrate the moment.



It was a nice easy day, not too much traffic and I covered about 450 kms. (279 miles). The one thing I noticed as soon as I crossed into Ontario was the single lane highway and the 90 km/h (55.9 mph) speed limit. It sure makes a difference when you've been doing 110 or 115 km/h in Saskatchewan and Manitoba for the past few days.
I stopped a little early around 4:00 pm as I found the Redden's RV Park and Campground just east of Kenora. It was a great find because it's situated on Long Bow Lake in gorgeous cottage country much like Muskoka.
After getting setup I poured myself a V&T and headed down to the marina for some photos. Overhead I couldn't resist taking a couple of shots of the massive cumulus clouds that were building. Fortunately they were headed east to rain on somebody else's parade. Being down on the dock reminded me of standing on our old dock on Lake Joseph as the waves gently lapped against the aging wooden structure.






1 comment:

  1. Welcome Back to Ontario......felt the same when we crossed from Quebec on Monday

    ReplyDelete