Saturday, July 29, 2017

2017 Motorcycle Adventure to Alaska (Day twenty eight)

This was a day that I had been very much looking forward to for much of the past week. Not to say that I wasn't enjoying the trip but the thought of being home in my own space, in my own bed without having to set up the camper one more time was very appealing.
It was another beautiful day with lots of sunshine and no rain in the forecast. It was 545 kms. from Sault Ste. Marie so I should be home by late afternoon.
Being a Friday afternoon there was lots of traffic going north but since I was headed south the weekend traffic didn't really affect me.
When I reached Sudbury I needed a snack so I stopped at the Dairy Queen and had a small cone with a chocolate dip. It sure tasted great and was just what I needed at the time.
Then it was back on the bike for the final push home.
I arrived just before 5:00 pm and took this shot to celebrate the moment.
I had been gone for 28 days and traveled 11,775 kms. (7377 miles) and I was home at last.
My friends and house sitters, Garry and Luanne, were there to greet me and being the cocktail hour we poured our drinks and relaxed in the Muskoka room. It felt almost surreal sitting there after being gone so long but it was nice to come home to friends instead of an empty house.
I have decided that this is my last big motorcycle adventure for awhile mainly because I would prefer a travel partner and haven't found one yet. Perhaps next year I will take a more comfortable adventure with a new travel trailer.
Thank you to all those who have followed my blog and kept me motivated with their positive comments.


4 comments:

  1. You made it home you crazy man 7K is a lotta miles. Glad to hear you're back. Set one up for me too!

    Best Daniel N. Cal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back/////you can join me on my Peruvian & Ecuador/Columbia adventure.....I leave on Nov 27th/return flight March 28th, Purchasing a bike in Huanuco....on a buy back agreement....works out to about 16.00 a day. Booked at the Sundown Beach Resort in Canoa Ecuador for January..... open for rest of time....Machu Pichu maybe in December

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back James! Glad to read all went well. Quite the trip with many fond memories. Thanks for sharing the trip with Betty and I. We enjoyed reading about your adventures. Best Doug and Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I also like motorcycle adventure.Really very interesting post.Thanks for share.
    Best IAS coaching In Jaipur

    ReplyDelete